Mother's Day is next Sunday.. a day that I treasure! Why? Because I seriously have an awesome hubby, kiddos, and grandbabies that do everything they can to make my day special. Yes, it's only one day out of the year, but it's MY day.. and they know it.
Want to see what my perfect day would consist of? These are just a few of my very favorite things in the whole wide world.. and I actually DO get some of these awesome treats on my special day. Are you seeing some of your favorite things here too?
(Click to Enlarge)
Obviously, I would not be able to fit all of these fabulous treats into my one special day, but I can sure try! Here's how my day usually goes.. and it's close enough to perfect for me!
- I wake up in the morning to a shower of greeting cards, flowers, handmade goodies, hugs and kisses from the family!
- Making my way out of the bed, I head to the bathroom (alone I might add.. not always possible in this house) for a long, leisurely shower to get ready for my special day!
- My son and DIL arrive to take me to my favorite breakfast buffet at an Atlantic City casino. There I enjoy a delicious mimosa upon arrival compliments of the casino staff. And then on to all the yummy pancakes, omelets, bacon, muffins, and more!
- After arriving back home, I'm greeted by my adorable granddaughters who hand me their gifts: bath and body products, a framed photo of themselves, and a wall hanging or other sweet trinket for the "World's Best Grandma."
- Might I add that I came in to a spotlessly clean, fresh-smelling home… my kiddos have been hard at work to surprise me during my absence!
- Now it's pampering time.. my oldest daughter and I take off for a day of beauty! Hair, manicure, pedicure, eyebrows.. the works! After indulging in our relaxing beauty treatments, we enjoy a light lunch together and have a great chat about "girlie" things!
- As if I haven't already had enough to eat, the hubby (a retired chef by trade) prepares a fantastic seafood feast for the entire family! We're not shy… we just scatter a few newspapers, toss the seafood on the table, and go to town!
- An ending to a perfect day… we gather around the TV with bowls of popcorn and have a fun family movie night! Then it's more hugs and kisses, and then I'm off to dreamland!
THIS IS WHAT I CALL ABSOLUTE BLISS!!
Okay, NOW .. I have a huge favor to ask! Would all of you lovely people please click on my Pinterest Wish Board image above (which links to my image on Tend), and then under the image.. click "LOVE?" This will add a vote for my inspiration board, and I will be registered to win a $500 Visa gift card (which I could REALLY use with 5 kiddos)!
AND.. that's not all! If I DO win, I will also get a Tend Mother's Day Goodie Basket to give away on my blog to one lucky reader for helping me out! How's that for an awesome Mother's Day gift?!
So, GO VOTE and then tell me how YOU will celebrate your Mother's Day!
Do you cherish your "alone" time or do you surround yourself with family?