Disclosure: This post contains sponsored content in which I received samples or compensation in exchange for sharing my thoughts and opinions.
Safety first with SANUS Flat Panel TV Wall Mounts
As a product of the 60′s, I was born BEFORE color television was invented. It was also at a time when TVs were all square, box types with a huge base that housed the “tube.” Televisions of that era also featured lovely, metal “rabbit ear” antennas, which would usually get you a total of 3 good channels.
These days, however, televisions are much more sophisticated with flat screens, remote control, and access to hundreds of channels. Today’s models are MUCH lighter than their 60′s counterparts, but are also much less sturdy, which can be an accident waiting to happen. My children are all older, so I don’t have to worry so much about them, but I do have granddaughters… very ACTIVE, inquisitive granddaughters that have been known to climb like a monkey on everything. So, I do worry that my very large 60 inch flat panel TV could definitely pose a safety problem when they come to visit. Unfortunately, you hear horror stories daily about children that are injured when a TV is accidentally bumped or pulled off of a piece of furniture.
Bringing this risk to the forefront, SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide. By educating consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TV’s, SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
· A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
· Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
· Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
· An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
· Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
With SANUS easy 1, 2, 3 installation using their handy wall template, you’re sure to get even placement.
* Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
* No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
* Live customer support available 6 days a week
Don’t let tragedy strike your household! The SANUS Flat Panel TV Wall Mounts are a small investment for a large piece of mind.
** SANUS TV Wall Mounts can be purchased at Target, Walmart, and other leading online stores. Below please find a link to a SANUS TV Safety Video: